mail archive of the rauc mailing list
* [RAUC] unable to mark slot as good or bad
@ 2017-09-15  6:44 Aditya Purohit
From: Aditya Purohit @ 2017-09-15  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rauc

Firstly I want to thank team RAUC for good documentation and supportI am
working on beaglebone with debian jessie and I am facing a couple of issues.

Firstly, I am able to update my appfs using rauc but update for rootfs is
failing with the following error.

marking slot rootfs.1 as bad
Cannot parse config file: No such file or directory
Error: environment not initialized

My guess is something related to my 'make' configuration wherein the
required configuration file is not provided at the required place. However
due to lack of information from the errror message I am unable to identify
the exact file or the exact problem per se.

Secondly, I want to integrate hawkbit with rauc and wish to use
rauc-hawkbit client for the same. However there is little documentation on
rauc hawkbit client. Any staring point on how to use it would be
appreciated.

--
Thanks

Aditya Purohit

* Re: [RAUC] unable to mark slot as good or bad
@ 2017-09-18 13:55 ` Enrico Joerns
From: Enrico Joerns @ 2017-09-18 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aditya Purohit; +Cc: rauc

Hi,

On 09/15/2017 08:44 AM, Aditya Purohit wrote:
> Firstly I want to thank team RAUC for good documentation and supportI am
> working on beaglebone with debian jessie and I am facing a couple of issues.
>
> Firstly, I am able to update my appfs using rauc but update for rootfs
> is failing with the following error.
>
> marking slot rootfs.1 as bad
> Cannot parse config file: No such file or directory
> Error: environment not initialized
 >
> My guess is something related to my 'make' configuration wherein the
> required configuration file is not provided at the required place.
> However due to lack of information from the errror message I am unable
> to identify the exact file or the exact problem per se.

I've already answered this question in the corresponding GitHub issue

https://github.com/rauc/rauc/issues/173

let's continue discussion there.

> Secondly, I want to integrate hawkbit with rauc and wish to use
> rauc-hawkbit client for the same. However there is little documentation
> on rauc hawkbit client. Any staring point on how to use it would be
> appreciated.

Did you already take a look at the README file and the Module documentation?

https://github.com/rauc/rauc-hawkbit/blob/master/README.rst
http://rauc-hawkbit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/modules/modules.html

Could you explain a bit more detailed what kind of information you
expect? I know that the tool is not well documented, yet, but it would
help knowing a bit more about what is missing.

Best regards, Enrico

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Enrico Jörns                |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-5080 |