mail archive of the meta-rauc mailing list
* [meta-rauc] Source of RAUC in build directory
@ 2019-09-18  8:25 Yazdani, Reyhaneh
From: Yazdani, Reyhaneh @ 2019-09-18  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-rauc

Hello everyone,

I am working to use RAUC in our system as updating framework. I am using
meta-rauc layer in yocto and everything works correctly.

The point is, now I want to do some changes in Rauc and I cannot find any source
of it in my build directory! It is only the compiled files.

It is strange, although in all RAUC-recipes, SRC_URI is set to the github, it
means I should see the downloaded source in my build directory.

does anyone have an idea? How can I apply my patch to the RAUC?
--
Reyhaneh Yazdani
Data Modul AG                            TEL:    +49-89-56017-154

Vertrauliche E-Mail von / Confidential e-mail from: DATA MODUL AG
Vorstand / CEO: Dr. Florian Pesahl
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates / Chairwoman of the Supervisory Board: Kristin D. Russell
Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office: München
Registergericht / Registration Court: München Handelsregister B 85 591

* Re: [meta-rauc] Source of RAUC in build directory
@ 2019-09-18  9:02 ` Ahmad Fatoum
From: Ahmad Fatoum @ 2019-09-18  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yazdani, Reyhaneh, meta-rauc

Hello Reyhaneh,

On 9/18/19 10:25 AM, Yazdani, Reyhaneh wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am working to use RAUC in our system as updating framework. I am using
> meta-rauc layer in yocto and everything works correctly.
>
> The point is, now I want to do some changes in Rauc and I cannot find any source
> of it in my build directory! It is only the compiled files.

Do you have RM_WORK enabled by chance?
That would clean up the directory when it's no longer needed.

There's also a devtool program that comes with bitbake that's quite useful for
such things.

Cheers
Ahmad

@ 2019-09-18  9:04 ` Enrico Joerns
From: Enrico Joerns @ 2019-09-18  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yazdani, Reyhaneh; +Cc: meta-rauc

Hi Reyhaneh,

On 9/18/19 10:25 AM, Yazdani, Reyhaneh wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am working to use RAUC in our system as updating framework. I am using
> meta-rauc layer in yocto and everything works correctly.
>
> The point is, now I want to do some changes in Rauc and I cannot find any source
> of it in my build directory! It is only the compiled files.
>
> It is strange, although in all RAUC-recipes, SRC_URI is set to the github, it
> means I should see the downloaded source in my build directory.
>
> does anyone have an idea? How can I apply my patch to the RAUC?

by default you should find the source in the work directory which is something like

   tmp/work/<architecture>/rauc/1.1-r0/rauc-1.1/

However, the sources won't be present if you build with having rm_work[1] enabled.

The simplest way to modify rauc out of Yocto is to use the 'devtool' [2]

   devtool modify rauc

which will create a 'workspace' layer and unpack the sources, etc. there.
You can also automatically create patches from this or deploy the updated tool
to the target via ssh.

Best regards

Enrico

Note: To receive updates from this mailing list and to send mails without ending
up in the moderation queue, consider subscribing [3] to it.

[1]
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-classes-rm-work
[2]
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-devtool-reference
[3] mailto:rauc-request@pengutronix.de?subject=subscribe

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Enrico Jörns                |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-5080 |

* Re: [meta-rauc] Source of RAUC in build directory
@ 2019-09-18  9:05   ` Enrico Joerns
From: Enrico Joerns @ 2019-09-18  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ahmad Fatoum; +Cc: Yazdani, Reyhaneh, meta-rauc

On 9/18/19 11:02 AM, Ahmad Fatoum wrote:
> Hello Reyhaneh,
>
> On 9/18/19 10:25 AM, Yazdani, Reyhaneh wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am working to use RAUC in our system as updating framework. I am using
>> meta-rauc layer in yocto and everything works correctly.
>>
>> The point is, now I want to do some changes in Rauc and I cannot find any source
>> of it in my build directory! It is only the compiled files.
>
> Do you have RM_WORK enabled by chance?
> That would clean up the directory when it's no longer needed.
>
> There's also a devtool program that comes with bitbake that's quite useful for
> such things.

Oh, you were faster than me :D

Enrico

--