mail archive of the rauc mailing list
* [RAUC] Backwards/forwards compatibility of bundle format
@ 2020-06-04 19:02 Matt Campbell
From: Matt Campbell @ 2020-06-04 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rauc

Hi All,

I'm looking into RAUC for a product, and I was wondering if there are any
project goals around the stability of the RAUC bundle format. Specifically,
it would be great if all future versions of the rauc binary was compatible
will all previous bundle formats, and also that all older versions of the
binary can install future created bundles. Obviously that's a big ask, but
it'd be great to know what to expect of RAUC in the future. Even a rough
idea of how compatibility will  play out will help me greatly in evaluating
RAUC.

Best,
~Matt
--