mail archive of the rauc mailing list
From: Matt Campbell <mcampbell@izotope.com>
To: "Jan Lübbe" <jlu@pengutronix.de>
Cc: rauc@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [RAUC] Backwards/forwards compatibility of bundle format
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:30:57 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi Jan,

That all makes sense and answers my question. Ideally we would like to
avoid the intermediate updates as this adds complexity to update logic
(i.e. you have to leap-frog through that for devices that are factory
fresh). Sounds like there are no immediate plans for breaking changes and
I'll keep an eye on the mailing list so I can weigh in. Thank you very much
for taking the time to give such a well thought out answer!

For anyone else who finds this thread later, I also found reference to this
in the documentation
https://rauc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced.html#migrating-to-an-updated-bundle-version
.

Best,