mail archive of the rauc mailing list
From: Abhishek Kumar Rai <abhishekr@eximiusdesign.com>
To: ejo@pengutronix.de
Cc: Leif.Middelschulte@klsmartin.com, rauc@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [RAUC] Regarding booting problem ,when booting manually
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 12:21:32 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi Enrico & Leif,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
>> I am facing one issue after doing following steps:
>> 1. flashing any image in appfs.
>> 2. rauc status mark-active rootfs.0.(Activated rootfs.0)
> Is this update considered successful by rauc? What do the logs say? If
you're using systemd, you might want to check using `journalctl -u rauc`.
>> 3. reboot
>> It is booting from rootfs.1,instead of rootfs.0 which has been marked
active.
> If your update was indeed succesful, your boot target's
`remaining_attempts` (see [0]) are 0.

>>I fear when using U-Boot he does not have the chance to use such a
sophisticated boot selection framework as barebox has ;)
I agree

>>But it would be worth making sure that the U-Boot scripts perform as
expected.

>>For debugging, one can also take a look at the raw output of fw_printenv
in userspace
>>before and after performing mark-good to see if the variables changed
according to your expectation.

It could also help verifying if the variables look the same in U-Boot as
they do in userspace.
Please find output of command after doing $ rauc status mark-active
rootfs.0
{{{
$
fw_printenv

bootcmd=for b in ${bootcmd_list} ; do echo Running ${b} ; run ${b}; done
bootdelay=3
baudrate=115200
ethprime=FEC
loadaddr=0x12000000
scriptaddr=0x11000000
fdt_addr=0x18000000
loadaddr=0x12000000
console=ttymxc0
baudrate=115200
fdt_high=0xffffffff
initrd_high=0xffffffff
bootcmd_list=usb_bootcmd net_bootcmd mmc_bootcmd
usb_dev=0
usb_part=1
usb_script=usb_boot.scr
usb_load=usb start && usb dev && load usb ${usb_dev}:${usb_part}
${scriptaddr} boot/${usb_script}
usb_bootcmd=run usb_load && source ${scriptaddr}
mmc_script=mmc_boot.scr
mmc_dev=0
mmc_part=1
mmc_load=load mmc ${mmc_dev}:${mmc_part} ${scriptaddr} boot/${mmc_script}
mmc_bootcmd=run mmc_load && source ${scriptaddr}
net_script=net_boot.scr
ipaddr=192.168.168.2
serverip=192.168.168.20
nfsroot=/srv/nfs/tkmac
net_load=nfs ${scriptaddr} ${nfsroot}/boot/${net_script}
net_bootcmd=run net_load && source ${scriptaddr}
panel=TRULY-WVGA
video_args_hdmi=setenv video_args $video_args
video=mxcfb${fb}:dev=hdmi,1280x720M@60,if=RGB24
video_args_lvds=setenv video_args $video_args
video=mxcfb${fb}:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666
video_args_lcd=setenv video_args $video_args
video=mxcfb${fb}:dev=lcd,TRULY-WVGA,if=RGB24,rotate=3
video_interfaces=lcd
fb=0
video_args_script=for v in ${video_interfaces}; do run video_args_${v};
setexpr fb $fb + 1; done
BOOT_B_LEFT=3
BOOT_app_LEFT=3
BOOT_A_LEFT=3
BOOT_ORDER=A app B
}}}

>> It seems that rauc status mark-active rootfs.0 is having some issue ?
> Again, you might want to check rauc's logs on this.
I have checked rauc logs rootfs.0 is marked active.
{{{
root@eximius:~# journalctl -u
rauc

-- Logs begin at Tue 2018-06-19 17:41:28 UTC, end at Tue 2018-06-19
17:49:47 UTC. --
Jun 19 17:41:32 eximius systemd[1]: Starting Rauc Update Service...
Jun 19 17:41:32 eximius rauc[290]: Cannot open
/dev/disk/by-path/platform-219c000.usdhc: No such file or directory
Jun 19 17:41:32 eximius rauc[290]: Error: environment not initialized
Jun 19 17:41:32 eximius rauc[290]: rauc mark: Failed marking 'rootfs.1' as
good: Failed to run fw_setenv: Child process exited with code 1
Jun 19 17:41:32 eximius systemd[1]: Started Rauc Update Service.
Jun 19 17:49:47 eximius rauc[290]: rauc mark: activated slot rootfs.0
}}}

>>Yes, should be really hard to say where the issue comes from with the
current information.
>>Another crucial information that we need: Which version of RAUC do you
use?
{{{
$rauc --version
rauc 0.4
}}}

Regards,
Abhishek Rai

--

[...]

applicable laws. If you are not an intended recipient, please delete this
message. Thank you.
_