Hi Enrico, On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 6:20 AM Enrico Jörns wrote: > Hi Brian, > > Am Mittwoch, dem 16.06.2021 um 08:45 -0400 schrieb Brian Hutchinson: > > > If you have a separate shared data partition, then I would recommend to > > > configure RAUC to use this for its status file (which cannot be located > > > inside > > > the slot anymore when having "ro by design"): > > > > > > [system] > > > ... > > > statusfile=/path/to/datapart/rauc.status > > > > > > See https://rauc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference.html#statusfile > > > > > > > > > I'll check that out. I'm using u-boot so I "thought" all the status > stuff was > > being done with u-boot environment variables via fw_setenv/fw_printenv. > > u-boot is used for the partition/slot switching only. > This is sufficient for basic functionality of of RAUC. > > In the status file we store some additional information, like when and how > often > a slot was updated, or which bundle version it is running. > You get this for example when running "rauc status --detailed". > > > Was it my imagination or did RAUC populate my rootfs during the update > faster > > than when I just mount and manually untar my rootfs? How is it you guys > are > > faster? > > Sounds interesting, but I cannot tell because I don't know what you did to > untar > ;) > But actually there is no magic. We simply call 'tar' to unpack. Maybe > you've > used a slower (de)compression algorithm when testing manually? > I bet it's because I'm in the habit of using xvf ... the 'v' is slowing it down. B