mail archive of the rauc mailing list
* [RAUC] Rauc in Commercial Product - Open Devices
@ 2018-10-01 10:33 Djalal Harouni
From: Djalal Harouni @ 2018-10-01 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rauc

Hi Rauc hackers, Pengutronix,

I am Djalal Harouni I met you guys at several conferences, I am one of
the maintainers of systemd project, linux kernel security contributor
etc.

We did launch a startup in Berlin opendevices.io/ and we are going to
announce a beta version of our IoT Platform that targets Linux IoT
Devices. I have a hacky system updater experimental based on scripts,
but we are planning to use Rauc in our production solution.

I see that Rauc is under LPGL where we can use it, but as an Open
Source Software Developer, I have to inform you before. If our
business succeed, we may contribute patches back and even maybe
finance and help Rauc, as right now and unless you do not agree, our
long-term plan for system updates will be based solely on Rauc!  We
will produce updates, host them using simple nginx solution and
distribute notification and bundles using one of our agents, then
apply with Rauc. I think that should work.

Please if you have any comment or note do not hesitate!

The only thing that I can say: thank you for producing such robust
Software and making it Open Source!

Much appreciated!

All best,
Djalal

--
Open Devices IoT - Secure Light Linux-IoT

opendevices.io