mail archive of the rauc mailing list
* [RAUC] RAUC disable_counting logic
@ 2019-07-01 17:57 Andreas Pretzsch
From: Andreas Pretzsch @ 2019-07-01 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rauc; +Cc: Enrico Jörns, Patrick Huesmann

Dear Enrico,
dear Patrick,

while integrating RAUC, I came across the same issue described in RAUC
github PR 346 [1] resp. barebox-ML [2].
I'd say this is a generic issue for all, especially embedded targets.

For barebox, Patrick Huesmann sketched and implemented a solution in PR
346 in Oct. 2018, extending RAUC bootchooser code and using barebox
features. But as far as I can see, neither this, nor a similar solution
got merged.

In my case, I need a comparable implementation for U-Boot (used on the
target device, customer decision). So I will go ahead and implement.
But in advance, I'd like to ask:
Is there (already) a mainline strategy how to handle this logic ?
Someone has (incomplete) code snippets to share ?

Also, it seems like all RAUC discussions are happening at github, not
via this mailing list. Is github the preferred tool here ?

Thanks in advance,
  Andreas

[1] https://github.com/rauc/rauc/pull/346
[2] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/barebox/2018-October/034961.html

--

carpe noctem engineering
Ingenieurbuero fuer Hard- & Software-Entwicklung Andreas Pretzsch

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-07-01 17:57 UTC | newest]