mail archive of the rauc mailing list
* [RAUC] Update a single file within rootfs
@ 2019-10-14 13:47 Yazdani, Reyhaneh
From: Yazdani, Reyhaneh @ 2019-10-14 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rauc

Hello everyone,

The RAUC documentation describes:

In RAUC, everything that can be updated is a slot.  Thus a slot can either be a
full device, a partition, a volume or simply a file.

Now, I have two systems: system0 and system1, each of them defined as a
partition on eMMC.

I want to update a single file in my rootfs, for example the binary file of the
application. How should I setup my system.conf and manifest?

I could update the whole partition as an image, but just one file, I could not
find any example about that.

I would appreciate, if someone could help me.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Reyhaneh

--
Reyhaneh Yazdani
Data Modul AG                            TEL:    +49-89-56017-154

Vertrauliche E-Mail von / Confidential e-mail from: DATA MODUL AG
Vorstand / CEO: Dr. Florian Pesahl
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates / Chairwoman of the Supervisory Board: Kristin D. Russell
Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office: München
Registergericht / Registration Court: München Handelsregister B 85 591

* Re: [RAUC] Update a single file within rootfs
@ 2019-11-05 11:19 ` Enrico Joerns
From: Enrico Joerns @ 2019-11-05 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rauc

On 10/14/19 3:47 PM, Yazdani, Reyhaneh wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The RAUC documentation describes:
>
> In RAUC, everything that can be updated is a slot.  Thus a slot can either be a
> full device, a partition, a volume or simply a file.
>
> Now, I have two systems: system0 and system1, each of them defined as a
> partition on eMMC.
>
> I want to update a single file in my rootfs, for example the binary file of the
> application. How should I setup my system.conf and manifest?
>
> I could update the whole partition as an image, but just one file, I could not
> find any example about that.
>
> I would appreciate, if someone could help me.

Just FTR: This was not forgotten. The actual discussion on this takes place in
the opened GitHub Issue https://github.com/rauc/rauc/issues/497

Regards, Enrico

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Enrico Jörns                |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-5080 |