mail archive of the rauc mailing list
* [RAUC] RAUC ptxdist integration roadmap?
@ 2017-02-23 15:03 Martin Hollingsworth
From: Martin Hollingsworth @ 2017-02-23 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rauc

Hello folks from the RAUC team,

I came across the RAUC project when researching embedded linux update mechanisms. Your tool looks very promising, so first of all thumbs up for the great project.

As the documentation warns about the non-mainline integration of RAUC in ptxdist I wanted to ask, what is the current roadmap for reaching mainline? Obviously RAUC is not yet integrated into ptxdist-2017-01, can you comment on integration in the near future?

Thanks and greetings,
Martin Hollingsworth

--
M.Eng. Martin Hollingsworth
Medical Systems Engineering

ITK Engineering GmbH
Im Speyerer Tal 6
D-76761 Rülzheim
Tel.: +49 7272 7703-510
Fax: +49 7272 7703-100
mailto:martin.hollingsworth@itk-engineering.de
ITK Engineering GmbH  Im Speyerer Tal 6  76761 Rülzheim
Tel.: +49 7272 7703-0 Fax: +49 7272 7703-100
mailto:info@itk-engineering.de http://www.itk-engineering.de<http://www.itk-engineering.de/>

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Herbert Hemming
Geschäftsführung/Executive Board:
Michael Englert (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Dr. Helmuth Stahl, Bernhard Bihr
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: 76773 Kuhardt/Pfalz
Registergericht/Registered Court: Amtsgericht Landau, HRB 32046
USt.-ID-Nr./VAT-ID-No. DE813165046

* Re: [RAUC] RAUC ptxdist integration roadmap?
@ 2017-02-24 15:24 ` Enrico Joerns
From: Enrico Joerns @ 2017-02-24 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Hollingsworth; +Cc: rauc

Hi,

On 02/23/2017 04:03 PM, Martin Hollingsworth wrote:
> Hello folks from the RAUC team,
>
> I came across the RAUC project when researching embedded linux update
> mechanisms. Your tool looks very promising, so first of all thumbs up
> for the great project.

many thanks and great to hear that you are interested in the project.

> As the documentation warns about the non-mainline integration of RAUC in
> ptxdist I wanted to ask, what is the current roadmap for reaching
> mainline? Obviously RAUC is not yet integrated into ptxdist-2017-01, can
> you comment on integration in the near future?

Yes, unfortunately RAUC is not in mainline PTXdist yet. We already had
some discussions about what is still missing for a mainline solution
that makes it as easy as possible for users to integrate RAUC into their
project.

We posted an initial version of the RAUC recipe as we use it in some
projects, you may have found it already:

https://www.mail-archive.com/ptxdist@pengutronix.de/msg11147.html

This one allows you to basically use RAUC, but we have worked out a list
of improvements and adaptations we would like to add for a mainline
solution.

Thus, the roadmap is very clear now, but it will still require a little
effort to realize it.

One of the first steps on our list we just took by preparing an initial
release of RAUC (v0.1.0).

Best regards

Enrico Jörns

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Enrico Jörns                |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-5080 |