mail archive of the rauc mailing list
* [RAUC] RAUC with nanopi board
@ 2020-03-12 12:53 Mikhail
From: Mikhail @ 2020-03-12 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rauc

Hi,

I need to implement a solution for rootfs/app update with nanopi neo4 board. The system (with Ubuntu 18) is installed on EMMC and it uses rockchip u-boot as bootloader. This board seems to use special approach for defining partitions: the command line defining mtd partitions is hard-coded at specific block address on EMMC, and it also tells which partition is the rootfs (e.g. "root=/dev/mmcblk1p7 … mtdparts=…"). Since it looks hard-coded, I don’t know how to change rootfs partition by using u-boot environment variables. So even though I’ve managed to setup RAUC and successfully used it to update roofs in an inactive partition, I can’t make my board switch to the new rootfs partition after reboot.

Since I’m new to the topic, maybe I’m missing something. I’d be grateful for any advice.
Are there any success stories of using RAUC with nanopi boards (especially Neo4)?

Best regards,
Mikhail