mail archive of the rauc mailing list
From: "Middelschulte, Leif" <Leif.Middelschulte@klsmartin.com>
To: "rauc@pengutronix.de" <rauc@pengutronix.de>
Subject: [RAUC] mark-active
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 08:01:11 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

I was wondering about the intention of `mark-active [booted]`. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the docs[0] though.

So here is the paragraph in question:
"Last but not least, after switching to a different slot by mistake,
this can be remedied by choosing booted as the argument which is, by the way,
the default if the optional argument has been omitted."

To me this appears missleading, as it reads like:
"You (unintentionally) managed to boot the wrong slot and want to go back?
 Use `rauc status mark-active booted`!"

But instead it will mark the currently (unintentionally booted) slot as the permanent primary [1], won't it?

Maybe I'm just missing something here though.

Cheers,

Leif

[0] http://rauc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/using.html#manually-switch-to-a-different-slot
[1] https://github.com/rauc/rauc/blob/66cdb4d53350f65b75fc190267b40e4bb3920fa0/src/mark.c#L105