Hallo Community, When RAUC runs an installation but cannot write the central slot status file, for example because the configured storage path is not available, the installation aborts with an error. As I understand the documentation the slot status file is optional and only used to prevent installing the same slot again, RAUC will still work without the slot status file. I would like to discuss - for the sake of a reliable software update - if it would be beneficial NOT to abort the update with an error code if the central status file cannot be created. What would be the side effects of doing so from the perspective of RAUC? My example setup: My system stores the central status file on a different storage device as where the slots are placed. If this device mount fails, the status file path points to the read-only rootFS. Hence RAUC will report an error during the next installation run: --- Installation error: Error while writing status file: Failed to create file ?/update/status.raucs.2SHRX0?: Read-only file system --- The system is designed to run without the additional storage device (be it with limited functionality of the main application). Hence, I would like to design the software update to run even if that storage device is missing. My current solution is to use the per slot status file. With greetings, Martin Hollingsworth