mail archive of the meta-rauc mailing list
From: Jeremy Overesch <Jeremy.Overesch@millerwelds.com>
To: "meta-rauc@pengutronix.de" <meta-rauc@pengutronix.de>
Subject: [meta-rauc] bundle.bbclass accessing non-existent task do_image_complete
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 14:37:58 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

I'm attempting to add a kernel to my rauc bundle, based off of phytec's "linux-ti" kernel: https://git.phytec.de/meta-phytec/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-ti_4.4.52-phy2.bb  However, when I add the kernel, I'm getting an error "bundle.bb depends upon non-existent task do_image_complete".  It appears that the only class which contains "do_image_complete" is the image class, but as far as I understood, the kernel shouldn't be a system image.  I am able to create a file with just the file system, but adding a kernel or dts file does not work.

Looking inside the bundle.bbclass file, it appears that it is using the do_image_complete task for fetching dependencies.  Am I supposed to create this task for my kernel somehow?  What is it looking for as a return value?

Below is my bundle.bb file:

inherit bundle

RAUC_KEY_FILE = "${THISDIR}/development-1.key.pem"
RAUC_CERT_FILE = "${THISDIR}/development-1.cert.pem"
RAUC_BUNDLE_COMPATIBLE= "277264"

RAUC_BUNDLE_SLOTS="rootfs kernel"

RAUC_SLOT_rootfs="phytec-qtdemo"
RAUC_SLOT_rootfs[fstype]="ubifs"

RAUC_SLOT_kernel="linux-ti"
RAUC_SLOT_kernel[type]="kernel"

Jeremy Overesch
Software Engineer

Miller Electric Mfg. Co.  An ITW Welding Company
1635 West Spencer St., P.O. Box 1079, Appleton, WI 54912-1079  Phone: 920.735.4579
MillerWelds.com <http://www.millerwelds.com/>  │  Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/MillerWelders>  │  Twitter<http://twitter.com/millerwelders>  │  YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/user/nielsmiller>

This message (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that you must delete the message without disseminating, copying or taking any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender via return e-mail. Thank you.