mail archive of the meta-rauc mailing list
From: "Enrico Jörns" <ejo@pengutronix.de>
To: Martin Hollingsworth <Martin.Hollingsworth@itk-engineering.de>,
	"meta-rauc@pengutronix.de" <meta-rauc@pengutronix.de>
Subject: Re: [meta-rauc] Rauc 1.4 with Yocto Zeus
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 13:33:52 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Martin,

Am Dienstag, den 17.11.2020, 13:26 +0000 schrieb Martin Hollingsworth:
> Hello community,
> I would like to use the latest RAUC release (v1.4) with my project, which is stuck on Yocto Zeus 3.0.x.  However meta-rauc branch “zeus” integrates only Rauc v1.2.

If this project is still in development I would encourage to move at
least to the dunfell LTS as zeus is already out of support.

> Has anyone tried to update to the latest RAUC version? Any pitfalls with Zeus?

Updating to RAUC 1.4 should be possible without any issues. There were
no major changes that would affect compatibility. Simply copy the RAUC
recipes from current master as there were some recipe-internal reworks
that you should take with.

Best regards

Enrico

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Enrico Jörns                |
Embedded Linux Consulting & Support        | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |